By choosing good topics for an argumentative essay, at first you should find out what an argumentative essay is and what writing tips are necessary to follow. This essay presents the arguments with their supporting and opposing ideas. The writer should persuade the reader to adopt his or her point of view and behavior rules.
The distinctive characteristic of this type of essay is that the author needs to rebut the arguments of the opposite stance. What this means is that you need to elaborate what evidence the opposition has and find facts to refute it. Some students even think that this type of paper is the most difficult.
However, you shouldn’t panic, because each task that is given to you in college or high school can be completed successfully if you have a good strategy. One thing you need to remember is that planning can ease this process a lot. The first step of writing the paper is selecting the topic. Sometimes this step can take even twenty percent of the entire work time. We decided to make this easier for you and have gathered issues in one list which you will see below. Hopefully, our topic ideas inspire you to write an A-level paper. Before moving to the list, we recommend that you get acquainted with these quick and useful tips.
How to Choose an Argumentative Essay Topic
Make sure that the topic is not too broad. Otherwise, you won’t be able to reveal it properly. Try to be specific by focusing on a certain aspect of a general issue.
Take into consideration that good argumentative essay topics should concern a conflict that urges many discussions in society. It should be an important and arguable topic.
When opting for an argumentative essay topic, find out whether you will be able to find proper factual information to support your arguments.
Under the conditions of tight deadlines, you need to make quick, yet well-thought decisions. All essay topics have their advantages and disadvantages. If you can’t select the topic among several choices, compare them by defining the pros and cons of each.
Before presenting a certain argument, make sure it is strong enough to convince the reader. Each argument should be supported with evidence consisting of facts, stats, and so on.
Ask yourself the question: “Do I care about this issue?” That way, you’ll understand whether the subject is truly interesting for you. If it is, you are likely to perform better with your task.
The List of Good Topics for an Argumentative Essay
- Can the death penalty be effective?
- Is buying a lottery ticket a good idea?
- Is competition really good?
- Is religion the cause of war?
- Is fashion really important?
- Are girls too “mean” in their friendship?
- Are feminist women being too harsh on other women who don’t support the movement?
- Can smoking be prevented by making tobacco illegal?
- Is a highly competitive environment good or bad for studying or working?
- Is it true that life 100 years ago was easier?
- What are the drawbacks of a democratic political system?
- What is cultural shock and how does it impact our perception of other people’s cultures?
- Should working moms be given special privileges?
- Should there still be any quotas for accepting people from minorities?
- Is being fired a suitable punishment for cyberbullying?
- Are we too dependent on computers?
- Are cell phones really dangerous?
- Does social media fame impact one’s life?
- Will we ever be able to stop using social media from our own free will?
- Can humanity get rid of the Internet and continue developing?
- Are reading ebooks worse than reading paper books?
- What are the drawbacks of online dating apps such as Tinder?
- Should content on the Internet be more restricted?
- Will paper money be substituted by electronic money?
- Does a constant social media connection make people feel more lonely and stressed?
- Do technologies that ease housekeeping, such as a robotic vacuum cleaner, make people too idle?
- Who is responsible for the excessive amount of abusive language in comments (under blogs and social media posts, videos, etc.) on the Web?
- What is the impact of technology on people’s ability to create?
- What is considered as superfluous usage of the Internet, and can it be counted as a form of addiction?
- Will the creation of artificial intelligence which can regulate itself lead to human extinction?
- Should torture be acceptable?
- Is it ethical to tell someone else’s secret to a person involved in that secret (for example, if you discover that your friend has been cheated on)?
- Do paparazzi violate the private lives of celebrities?
- Is it fair that people with no special skills get famous and rich from social media?
- Is it a good idea to start a diary?
- Is it fair to control the time a teenager dedicates to playing computer games or using the Internet?
- Should people help the poor?
- Can a person whose spouse is in a coma demand a divorce?
- Do beauty pageants influence the moral values of society in the wrong way?
- Do cameras placed in public places infringe on people’s privacy?
- Should women who don’t have enough money for living opt for an abortion?
- Does a person with a physically or mentally disabled significant other have a moral right to cheat?
- Is killing a murderer immoral?
- Should people use animal tested cosmetics and drugs to protect themselves from dangerous consequences?
- Is it moral to refuse to save someone’s life if there’s any risk for your own?
- Is homework helpful?
- At what age should sex education be introduced at schools?
- Does the amount of information we have to learn in school get bigger? Is this good or bad?
- Does home schooling undermine a child’s ability to learn how to socialize?
- If college education is made free, will it be more or less qualitative?
- If compulsory homework is canceled, would children stop learning at all?
- Should children be taught at school about gender nonconformity and various types of sexual orientation?
- Should the grades or attendance for gym impact the GPA of a student?
- Should school teachers and staff members be allowed to socialize with students after school?
- Are standardized tests a good way to evaluate someone’s knowledge?
- Should children be occasionally tested for drugs at school?
- If a child doesn’t like the subject, can a school administration absolve him or her from studying the subject on the parents’ demand?
- Should all subjects be optional?
- Do prof-orientation tests really help students to decide on a profession?
- Should children be taught housekeeping at school?
- Is it useful or harmful to give treats to a child when he or she does well in school?
- If your child doesn’t like studying, is it acceptable to force him or her?
- Should people undergo testing to become parents?
- Is it irresponsible to have many children? (five or more)
- Is it fair to control the time a teenager dedicates to playing computer games or using the Internet?
- At what age should parents allow teenagers to try alcohol?
- Should children be asked by the court who they want to stay with after their parents’ divorce?
- Should siblings of different gender be treated the same way by parents?
- Should adults be responsible for their elderly parents? Should they be obliged to help them financially?
- Do parents have the right to read their children’s personal diaries?
- At what age should gadgets be introduced to children?
- If parents find out their teenage child takes drugs, do they need to apply to specific institutions or settle the problem on their own?
- Should parents allow teenagers to have plastic surgery if they don’t have obvious defects?
- Do parents need to invade their teenage children’s personal relationships?
- Should women and men have different rights and responsibilities in spousal relationships?
- Should healthcare systems be free or paid?
- Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? Why or why not?
- Should fast food come with a warning, like cigarettes and alcohol?
- Would it be better if the world had a universal healthcare system?
- Should people who suffer from incurable diseases be euthanized if it is their wish?
- Is human cloning acceptable?
- Does the time when people go to bed affect their health?
- Should shopping addiction be considered as a real disease on a governmental level?
- Are causes of obesity more physical or mental?
- Should office workers be obliged to follow certain rules, such as washing hands, to reduce the frequency of spreading viruses and infections?
- Should the working day be shortened to six hours for the sake of health?
- Do children of school age need to be provided with free mental therapy?
- Does the lifespan depend on genetics more than on other factors?
- Can people live without meat at all?
- Do all kinds of sports bring benefits to people’s health?
Art, Movie, Literature
- Should bookstores establish age limitations for certain books?
- Are movies of the 21st century much crueler than movies filmed in the 20th century?
- To what extent should movies that depict historical events be accurate?
- Should schools use electronic textbooks to save paper?
- Should paintings that contain nudity be censored?
- Is it acceptable to bring children to exhibitions of a photographer who performs in nude style?
- Do actors take mental risks when playing different characters, including psychopaths and murderers?
- Should people read more books or articles to develop their mental horizons?
- Is watching television series a waste of time?
- Do famous artists have an innate talent, or do they put in great effort to learn how to draw?
Where to Get More Argumentative Essay Topics?
Every now and then finding topics for argumentative essays can be challenging for students. There are many ways to get a topic, such as looking for it on educational websites, asking your teacher for tips, exploring the textbook, looking through argumentative essay examples or reading newspapers to understand which issues are important and controversial nowadays. Also, you should know that EssayShark.com is always ready to provide you with essay help. If you have run out of ideas, just contact us and we’ll do our best to help you. We wish you good luck with your studying and to achieve all your academic goals!
The studying of many disciplines is impossible without independent research work, when students should improve their understanding of the topic and delve deeper into the details of an issue. That’s why students are often assigned research papers.
So, you have realized that you are ready to write your research paper. It’s obvious that before you start writing, you should pick the right topic and research paper type. Perhaps you have one or several cool research paper ideas, but are you sure that you will be able to write a good paper?
Before you will be ready to pick one from research topics, you should answer the following questions:
– Is there an issue that you are really interested in?
– Have you heard something controversial or curious in articles and mass media about the topic?
– Do you have enough information to make research?
– Does the topic meet your further research plans?
In any case, the best assistants when writing research papers are only reputable sources like libraries, open access journals, encyclopedias, reliable news, and academic sources. Various materials that you can find on the internet should help you choose a topic, so don’t skip any chance to get more ideas.
Make the most to find more research paper topics from which you can choose the most suitable for you. To pick the right topic, think twice! Make sure that it will be interesting both for you and your audience. Many topics were already covered by hundreds of students and it’s become a real quest to find interesting and innovative topics for research papers.
List of Topics and Ideas for a Research Paper
We have created an exhaustive list of topic ideas that would be a good basis for research papers. You can use them as they are or choose the direction they are leading to. We hope this list of good research paper topics will serve you as a good source of inspiration, so let’s check it out!
Marketing Research Paper Topics
- Marketing in the healthcare industry: overcoming characteristic features and following trends.
- The relationship between cultural indicators and attitudes toward ads.
- Retro design and nostalgic marketing: influence of nostalgic trends in consumer behavior.
- Quantitative research of consumer attitude toward food product advertising.
- The peculiarities of sporting event marketing and promotion of tourist destinations.
- The impact of religious traditions on tourism marketing and its commodification.
- Analysis of characteristics the content should have to help advertisements go viral.
- Marketing analysis of the intelligence property market and its peculiarities.
- Peculiarities of marketing strategies and market analysis in the video game industry.
- Using symbols as a marketing tool in the example of Starbucks.
International Business Research Paper Topics
- What is Baidu? Describe what products it does and what perspectives it has.
- How can MME (Multi-National Enterprises) and global institutions contribute to global sustainability in the fishing industry?
- How do US corporations like Microsoft cheat with tax and profits? (check out our tax research paper about US corporations)
- What is the financial state of TATA Motors? What are the perspectives?
- What challenges has Netflix faced during the launch in India? What strategies does Netflix implement in developing markets?
- What distinctive characteristics does China’s internet have compared to the US?
- What problems does Uber face? What should be done to avoid them?
- What retail assortment management strategies does Amazon implement?
- Why global computing companies like IBM move their centers to India?
- What is Ethereum and how can it be used in business processes? (read an Ethereum research paper sample to find out the answer)
Find more international business research paper topics.
Economics Research Paper Topics
- What are the principles of monopoly power? What are functioning and regulation problems of a monopoly?
- Should the Adani Carmichael mine be supported? Describe the situation and possible solutions.
- What were the main causes of the Asian currency crisis in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, and Korea?
- Describe Sino-Pakistani cooperation and the history of rapprochement of relations between Pakistan and India.
- What is intelligence-led policing (ILP)? What strengths and weaknesses have been identified with this model of policing?
- What influence does the federal reserve system have on the US economy?
- Competitive risk assessment and the estimated target market.
- Economic issue of importance in food policy. How can food policy prevent world hunger?
- Discuss the role of the WTO in freeing the world trade during the past 10 years.
- Should the government classify Bitcoin as a legal currency?
Medical Research Paper Topics
- How can children’s drawings help with the diagnosis of psychological and somatic disorders?
- How does epidemiological monitoring influence the changing approaches in asthma treatment?
- How to evaluate risk factors of osteoarthritis and prescribe contemporary therapy?
- How to handle pain among newborns? How to prevent pain or minimize the level of a newborn’s discomfort?
- How does over-attention relate to obsessive–compulsive personality disorder (OCPD)? What is the exact behavior of over-attention? (you will find the OCP Disorder Research Paper here soon)
- What are characteristics of viral and alcoholic cirrhosis? What differences are in disease management?
- Does proper nutrition and dieting influence the development of dementia? (read the full Dementia Research Paper about Proper Nutrition)
- What treatment is the most effective for blunt chest trauma care in acute nursing?
- What treatment should be chosen for managing patients with HPV in the reproductive age?
- What therapy should be chosen for functional disorders of digestion in children?
History Research Paper Topics
- Why did Italian cities turn to minting gold in the thirteenth century?
- Is it helpful to describe the Agora in Athens as a ‘zone of competitive reciprocity’?
- Analyze etymology resources of a word’s history and stories.
- Discuss conventional theories and causes of the Great War.
- What was the background and consequences of the Battle of Jerusalem 1917?
- How did the American Revolution influence women’s rights? (find more details in our Women’s Rights Research Paper sample)
- What was the significance of chivarlic code and how did it work?
- How did Japan’s food culture transform through the centuries?
- What was the most important figure in the history of Christianity?
- Ancient traditions of the Amazon: territorial and religious aspects.
IT and Technology Research Paper Topics
- What is net neutrality and where can it lead to?
- What technological innovations are developed in mechanical engineering?
- How to protect automotive software of smart cars from cyber attacks?
- What does “NextGen” mean for business aviation?
- What are solutions in the current problem of the mobile payment systems in Walmart?
- How can automation and smart service improve HR services?
- Describe the Big Data technologies and their opportunities on the market.
- What strategies are implemented for sharing intellectual property?
- What are the prospects of online privacy security? Can it be real?
- What opportunities does a virtual reality business have?
Business Research Paper Topics
- How to build trust and bid for a price in negotiations?
- Do bonuses boost the effectiveness of sales?
- Does gender diversity enhance the financial success of the company?
- How should competitors of the same industry collaborate and why?
- Should the companies create the new product or first announce the idea to consumers and analyze their reaction?
- What are the effects of inaccessibility to a company’s mobile application?
- How can inviting millennials to management positions help the business?
- What helps some companies stand out during negative macro shocks?
- How do consumers conclude that certain goods are worth their prices?
- Which strategy saved IBM from insolvency?
Find more business topics for research paper.
Art History Research Paper Topics
- How was the human body represented in the works of the epoch of the Renaissance?
- What was the function of Egyptian art? Why were people not supposed to see it?
- What were the specifics of depicting scenes from the life of Christ in medieval Europe?
- What are common types of mosque architecture?
- What is the historical significance of “The Death of General Wolfe” – the painting by Benjamin West?
- Why was futurism the most politicized movement in the 20th century?
- How did Francis Bacon and the scientific revolution influence art?
- What similar characteristics do paintings of the time of the French Revolution and ancient Greek art have and why?
- How have Impressionists changed the hierarchy of subject matter in art? (here is the Impressionism Research Paper Sample)
- What significant changes did Andy Warhol bring to the advertising industry through his art?
Check out more art history research paper topics.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Psychological effects of child molestation that can cause problems in personal relationships.
- Should parents ban children from playing with toys “out of their gender?”
- How should parents identify the gender of children with ambiguous genitalia?
- Are there differences in psychological needs of people who cause themselves suicidal and non-suicidal harm?
- How does same-sex parenting affect children?
- What similar traits do prematurely born children have?
- Are crying and maltreatment connected for children?
- To what extent should law regulate family affairs?
- Does the person who relates to several groups have many selves?
- Do children benefit from growing up in nuclear families? (read more in our Nuclear Families Research Paper Sample)
Sociology Research Paper Topics
- What is the impact of overcrowded prisons on American society?
- Can movies change the value systems of people? (check the sample of Research Paper on Movies and People Values)
- How can commercialization of organ transplants affect the amount of people saved due to transplantation? (check out our Organ Donation Research Paper)
- Do backup cameras set up on a car invade people’s privacy? (see the details in our Research Paper on Privacy of Backup Cameras)
- Can Islamophobia be considered as religious discrimination? (read the Islamophobia Research Paper)
- Are US driving laws more driver or pedestrian oriented? (check Research Paper Sample on US Driving Laws)
- Should Facebook be censored?
- How to protect informational safety in the era of social media?
- Should the government provide homeless children with education?
- What sphere negatively influences democratic journalism more significantly – politics or business?
Literature Research Paper Topics
- What role does size play in Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels? What does the size symbolize?
- What does Mama’s plant symbolyze and how does this symbol develop throughout the novel A Raisin in the Sun?
- How has the role of the dream changed from Alice in Wonderland to Through the Looking-Glass?
- Through which characters and how is the theme of alienation from society revealed in Crime and Punishment?
- Does Jane Austen criticize women’s views on marriage of her era in Pride and Prejudice? (look through Pride and Prejudice Research Paper)
- How is the theme of superiority of youth and beauty depicted in The Picture of Dorian Gray? (The Picture of Dorian Gray Research Paper Sample will be available soon)
- Why can’t Claude Frollo be considered a typical antihero in The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
- How is the theme of animal instinct depicted in All Quiet on the Western Front? (All Quiet on the Western Front Research Paper will be available soon)
- How does the setting influence the perception of the story in The Great Gatsby?
- Which literary works are referred to in Fahrenheit 451 and why?
Drugs and Drug Abuse Research Paper Topics
- Is Marijuana a “gateway” or a “stepping stone” drug?
- Pathways to the disease and pathophysiological perspectives of heroin addiction.
- Prevention of substance abuse and addictions through counseling at-risk youth.
- Alcohol and drug abuse among homeless and runaway adolescents.
- Treatment research of addiction and substance abuse.
- Principles of drug abuse treatment for the criminal justice system.
- Prevention of prescription drug overdose and abuse.
- Substance abuse rates and treatment within LGTB communities.
- Side effects of principal doping substances.
- Pros and cons of drug testing among college students.
Education Research Paper Topics
- The effect of computers on students’ performance.
- Aspects and main principles of adolescent psychology.
- The role of prayer in schools and colleges.
- Social effects of teenage team sports in public schools.
- Psychological aspects of bullying in schools in the US.
- Future of digital learning at educational institutions.
- Using cognitive psychology in the learning process.
- Dynamic aspects of teenage friendships and educational attainment.
- Effects of standardized testing on the learning process.
- Pros and cons of home schooling compared to attending public schools.
Sports Research Paper Topics
- The reasons why chess should be considered a sport.
- Factors which influence the difference in female and male salaries in sports.
- The ways to reduce fan aggression that is enhanced by media.
- The appropriateness of women coaching men’s teams and vice versa.
- Sport betting should be prohibited as gambling.
- The role of sports in overcoming posttraumatic syndrome.
- The effect of age on the performance of athletes.
- Cheerleading should be banned for girls and boys aged under 18 for excessive sexualization of this type of sport. (check out our Cheerleading Research Paper Sample)
- The influence of athletes’ sexual orientation on their image and reputation.
- The most cruel kinds of sports that should be prohibited.
Find more sports research paper topics.