“Not the maker of plans and promises, but rather the one who offers faithful service in small matters. This is the person who is most likely to achieve what is good and lasting.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Many people view life as a pyramid with those on the bottom serving those above them. They envy the people at the top believing joy and happiness is obtained by being served. And thus, they strive. They passionately seek the top of the world’s imaginary pyramid. They reach desperately for the money, fame, or power that would seat them higher in the world’s affections. Unfortunately, they often don‘t realize their pursuits are misplaced until they have already sacrificed countless good gifts and simple joys along the way.
Life is actually more fulfilling down below.
Choosing intentionally to help others flips life upside-down. In helping others rather then seeking our own gain, we find great freedom. Service to others results in liberty. We are able to say no to modern culture‘s games of promotion and authority. We live lives of less stress, less anxiety, and less frustration. We begin to feel more fulfilled, more complete, more alive. Living for others completely abolishes our need for a pecking order. It becomes a great weight off our shoulders when we no longer seek power and mastery over others. Real joy is found not in being served, but in choosing to serve.
And experiencing this unexpected happiness and freedom is not as hard as some might think:
1. Open your eyes to the needs around you. People who need your help exist all around you—in your home, your neighborhood, and your work place. The first, most important step is to simply notice them.
2. Do something to move them forward. Even if you don‘t have all the answers or facts, jump in and help as best you know how. Refuse to use the excuse, “But I don‘t know what to do” or “I can help tomorrow.” Assess their need, offer some help, and follow through right away.
3. Joyfully pay the price. Service to others always costs something—sometimes money, sometimes time, sometimes reputation, and almost always energy. See the price. Pay it anyway. And enjoy the return on investment.
4. Do not expect something in return. Remove the what’s-in-it-for-me question that motivates so many people today. Help with no expectation of repayment. And you will be repaid with joy and fulfillment in countless other ways.
Those who constantly strive for the top have misplaced their pursuits. But we don’t have to. We can rush today to experience the lasting happiness of helping others.
Image: Nicholas T
To do good is the vocation of all people on the Earth. I don’t know is it almost true or not, but I know that pleasant feeling, which we feel if helped somebody. Something happens, we get a feeling of satisfaction and happiness and we experience a surge of energy and purposefulness. I know that there are enough reasons to try and help someone when we have such an opportunity. Do what you can, with what you have! Essays on helping others are not the ordinary composition. My task is to show you that kindness really can help you to change the world. I hope that this essay will help you to understand the important things and you will never forget about helping others.
Our company is like the other academic paper writing services can help you with writing tasks. Ordering the paper, you can safe your time and use it for personal purposes. We work honestly and conscientiously and we guarantee the high quality of the paper. Visit the website if you want to learn more about us. The services are also described there. Managers are always ready to answer your questions. For many years students are satisfied with the work of this online essay grammar editor.
Also in this section:
There are two simple secrets about which people always forget or don’t know them at all. The first is: when you are giving something, you will most likely get something back! People will notice your generosity and maybe the will be also generous according to you. It is like a pleasant bonus, but you don’t need to do good things just hoping to get something back. Only kindness with the true motives are describes in this secret. In the Bible we can read the next statement: practice giving and people will give to you. And the next one is: for with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you in return.
And the second secret is that helping others, you help yourself. Remember that it is much better to give than to get. It is simple law but it gives people the great satisfaction and feeling of happiness. It would be wonderful if you will find the person for the example. You can take the Jesus Christ life for the great example, or the mother Teresa or somebody who you know personally. You are wrong if you think that there are no kindness and good people in the modern world. Of course, they are, maybe in minority, but they still are. I wish you be always above all the circumstances and always do the right things.
Trifles are very important
Listening to the problems of other people without making judgments is one of the best deeds that you can do. Most people know the answers on the questions they have encountered. They just did not realize it yet. Allowing them to talk about their problems, you help them find their way and understand what they should do. Sometimes they may need support and help to start a new life. You can help them avoid the mistakes you made yourself, and also help them to start learning from the mistakes that they will inevitably do in the future. In your life, you will often see that with someone has acted unfairly. Be ready to help such people. In this cruel modern world it I really very difficult to find the justice and don’t try to find it. Just do not despair and do not let others do it. If something can save this world it will be the unselfish kindness.
And always bring the matter to the end. If you have started helping someone, as a mentor or defending the rights of others and do not stop halfway. Never, after all, you will surrender yourself and at the same time disappoint those, who wanted to help.
From the personal experience
Sometimes when I tired or just want to have a rest, sitting in front of the TV or computer, I think that soon my mom will come back from her job and she will be more tired than I am. At such moments I stand up and go to the kitchen to prepare the hot supper for my mom and something she can take for the dinner at work. I also tried to control that the flat should be clean at the evening. It seems such a trifle, but my mom will be really happy and satisfied after the difficult busy day to sit at the warm kitchen and drink a hot cup of tea. No matter how tired my mother was, she will always notice what I did for her and she will smile and say thanks my dear. And for the sake of her smile, for the sake of the expressing joy in her eyes, I am ready to do this every evening, even if my own day was not very easy. Mother’s happiness always motivates me to do something good. And I think that the same should be in everyone’s life. We always get satisfaction if we helped someone to be a little happier. Let's do good everywhere and always and this world will change for the better!
I also think that if children grow up and have the well-paid job they can support their parents financially. Is this not showing kindness? You can buy your mother a new phone, and maybe the computer of your father is rather old? Always remember that time, when your parents were young they did everything for you and maybe it is the high time to answer them in the same way?
5 reasons why to help others
We help different people for different reasons. There is some category of people who can’t live if they don’t help others. Others can help just to be thankful for something. Mostly it all depends on the person and her/his wishes (http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/habits-that-will-be-useful-in-your-life). Sometimes we help other people as we want to think that we are a kind person. Sometimes we need to improve our mood, to feel ourselves nobler, be sure that somebody needs us. But the interesting fact is that helping others, we can improve our health.
1) Helping others? You will live longer. Different scientists from different countries made special researches and in 2013 they came to the same conclusion: we can really live longer if we start to help other disinterestedly. According to this statistical data, we can reduce mortality by 22%. Many people ask how many we should help others. According to the researches 100 hours will be enough, but it is not the standard, you can help just 50-75 hours and it also will be useful for you. But you need remember about the main thing, your helping should be regularly and systematic.
2) Improving mood and well-being. Helping others, we improve our mood. The scientists are sure that it’s enough five little acts of kindness during the week (do it for 6 weeks) and you will notice that your well-being is much better. It is very important to know that one-off help doesn’t matter. And the positive results after helping can quickly disappear. That’s why it is important often to help and gladly and derive benefit from it. If you like to help others it seems to me that you will never suffer from depression.
3) More communication. When you help other people you need to communicate with them. Who knows, maybe you will find new friend or the twin soul. Loneliness can badly influence on your health. Those, who are surrounded with kind people, have a long and happy life.
4) You will have lower blood pressure. In 1998 were organized interesting scientist researches. As a result, older people (over 50 years old), who decided to spend about 4 hours per week helping others, had a 40% less chance of developing hypertension in the next four years. The scientists consider that the positive effect of helping can be connected with stress reduction. Volunteering can motivate you to become better and better, positively adjusts and gives support to cope with daily troubles.
5) Less pain. If you are suffering from the chronic illness, you feel the discomfort from time to time but you can avoid this feeling. Just start to help those people, who have the same disease as you have. Even in a hospital, if you’ll help others, you will feel much better, become more confidence, receive positive energy and be able to control the situation.
It is also very interesting that all the described advantages for your health are impossible if you help by the way or just give money to beggars. The main thing is your personal participation and systematic.
How can I help other people
In our helping others essay we want to give you some simple ideas. After reading them, you can start making kind acts right now. You can help your family:
- vacuuming the apartment, wash dishes, clean the floor if nobody asks you to do it;
- cook something for dinner;
- give your parents a card with the words how you love and appreciate them;
- help your brother or sister to cope with the home tasks.
You can also help others:
- visit somebody in the hospital;
- help your old neighbor to do something about the house;
- give present to those persons, who has great difficulties now.
In this help others essay we just gave you some simple examples (http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/avoid-doing-this-thing-to-become-confident), and I am sure that if you stop and think a little, you will create the dozens way to help others. Set the goal to help one person this week and be ready to see the miracles. Remember, that we can also help you. The company can write essay for you but for the nominal fee, of course. In fact, we can all help each other, we can be part of a mechanism that promotes cooperation and, finally, we ourselves can create better conditions for our lives.